Taming Drawdowns: Funding Programs & Limitations

28

Within the intricate domain of proprietary trading (prop trading), the art of drawdown management takes center stage. These troughs in trading account value, stemming from market fluctuations, find a potential solution in funding programs. Such initiatives orchestrated by trading firms grant traders access to augmented capital based on their performance history and trading approach.

 

This paves the way for larger positions, diminishing the reverberations of drawdowns. However, the panorama isn’t devoid of constraints. Traders are confronted with escalated performance benchmarks, necessitating meticulous risk management to sidestep funding curtailment or, in more severe cases, termination.

 

It’s vital to recognize that even ensconced in the realm of funding, drawdowns preserve their potency, fueled by market caprice and unforeseen circumstances. Flourishing in prop trading demands a delicate equilibrium: skillfully harnessing funded capital while steadfastly upholding the tenets of prudent trading, all in the bid to rein in the impact of drawdowns.

 

Take a look at this table and find out some of the prestigious prop firms funding programs and their limitations:

 

Proprietary Trading Firm One-Phase Evaluation Drawdown Limits Two-Phase Evaluation Drawdown Limits Direct Funding Drawdown Limits
E8 FUNDING Max daily floating loss 5%, Max overall absolute drawdown 8% (scaleable up to 14%)
FTMO Normal accounts: Max daily drawdown 5%. Max overall drawdown 10%

Aggressive accounts: Max daily drawdown 10%, Max overall drawdown 20%

ALPHA CAPITAL GROUP Max daily loss 5%, Max total loss 10%
BESPOKE FUNDING PROGRAM
FUNDED NEXT Express: Max daily drawdown 5%, Max overall drawdown 10%

Stellar: Max daily drawdown 3%, Max overall drawdown 6%

Evaluation: Max daily drawdown 5%, Max overall drawdown 10%

Stellar: Max daily drawdown 5%, Max overall drawdown 10%

MY FUNDED FX Max daily loss 4%, Max trailing drawdown 6% Max daily loss 5%, Max loss 8%
BLUE GUARDIAN Unlimited: Max daily loss 4%, Max total loss 8%

Elite: Max daily loss 4%, Max total loss 10%

THE FUNDED TRADER Max daily loss 3%, Max trailing drawdown 6% Standard: Max daily loss 5%, Max overall loss 10%

Rapid: Max daily loss 5%, Max overall loss 8%

Royal: Max daily loss 5%, Max overall loss 10%

CITY TRADERS IMPERIUM Max absolute drawdown 5% Max daily loss 4%, Max total loss 10% Max absolute drawdown 5%
FXIFY
FUNDING PIPS Max daily loss 5%, Max overall loss 10%
GOAT FUNDED TRADER No time limit: Max daily drawdown 5%, Max overall drawdown 8%

Classic: Max daily drawdown 4%, Max overall drawdown 10%

FX2 FUNDING 6% drawdown on the total account size or a 4% drawdown in a single day
FUNDED ENGINEER
THE 5%ERS Max daily loss 5%, Max total loss 10% Max overall loss 4%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
New Bookmakers
FTMO

FTMO is one of the forex industry's most rapidly expanding forex proprietary trading firms. Sharing up to 90% profit-share with the funded traders, FTMO has gained a massive reputation among the trading community. Get a Glimpse of an Overview of FTMO. FTMO is one of the top forex prop firms.

Alpha Capital Group

Alpha Capital is a platform that helps traders in trading. Also, it educates beginners about funding accounts. It is a very reliable and convenient way to earn profit.

The5%ers

The5%ers funding firm was launched in 2016. This firm aims to help traders with high-capital trading. It is UK based company, and the headquarter is located in Israel.

FundedNext

FundedNext, the fastest growing proprietary trading firm, has gained massive popularity for their 15% Profit-share from the Demo Phase and $4 million scale-up to maximise the traders' profit.

MyFundedFX

It is a good and reliable platform that helps traders in trading and has a good trading service that makes trading easy for everyone.

© 2023 Forex Prop Firms Reviews.
All rights reserved. Created with ❤️ for Forex Prop Firm Traders.